Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Birds! Not the Alfred Hitchcock movie!

Hey Guys!


Just a few more pics from this week. At my work, we are surrounded by a numerous amount of trees. Since our campus is pretty much deserted, except for us, it is a very private and quiet place. So, the wildlife around there think it is their private sanctuary from the public at large.

Anyway, we have been invaded by Cedar Waxwings. I have been amazed at the speed, and agility of these small birds. What I have truly enjoyed is watching these birds sit on the very end of a tree limb, and ride the wind. Just sitting there bouncing in the breeze! WOW!!!! It is amazing.

It seems we have probably over 100-200 of these birds at any one time. Here's an interesting fact, a group of waxwings are collectively known as an "ear-full" and a "museum" of waxwings. So, here's a few pics of the "Ear-full"that I took this week!

Every time I witnessed this ritual, my thoughts raced to what it would be like to do just that. Ride, ever so lightly on a tree limb. Now I know that will never happen, but as I have lost my weight, I get closer each and every day! So, if you ride by Belmont Blvd in Nashville, and see someone in a tree...take solace in knowing it's just me, riding in the breeze!

As a side note, here's my newest bird feeder! For those that are curious, my brother-in-law, gave this feeder to my wife several years ago at Christmas. Well, this last year, the wine bottle broke. We were all ready to throw it out, and I got a great idea. I substituted an empty Da Vinci Sugar Free Peanut Butter syrup bottle, and Viola! A diet friendly bird feeder!
Have a nice day!

1 words of love !:

Susy said...

I wish I knew you in real life. Your words are funny, kinds, and I always enjoy your and your blogs Scott. The pictures are great! Great place to take a break or lunch. I've thought about flying too while watching birds. I feel light enough to fly...he he And I just love the diet friendly bird feeder!

Have a wonderful Easter with your family and church! Bless you!