Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fix It Friday ~ My Favorite Day Of The Week

Well, here we go again, and I ♥ it!


Fridays are just so special in my book.  Not only does it signify the end of a long work week.  It also sets me up for another time of learning and doing.  I enjoy Fix It Fridays just for that reason.  Time to try out some new presets, or actions.  Time to try some new things.  More importantly, time to relax and enjoy what ever it is I’m doing!


 
And this week, I am trying something new.  One of my favorite contributers over at I ♥ Faces is Drew over at Happy Chaos!.  She is so good at web design and photo editing, and that has inspired me to look for new ways of doing things.  If you notice my header that rotates photos, it was Drew's header that got me moving in that direction.  Here recently, she started doing her before and after pics by using a concept called "mouse over".  Well, if you look at my before pic today, you only see one photo.  If you hover your cursor over the photo, you will then see the after.  Go aheas, I'll wait...  Well, what do ya think?  Pretty cool, huh?  I promise  Drew, I'm not a stalker!

Any who, back  to the edits.  This shot comes from Jessie who blogs at The Lucas Zoo. This photo is of her adorable daughter, Violet.  You need to check out Jessie’s blog, she’s just a mom who loves her kiddies.  Oh yeah, “Happy Belated Birthday” Jessie!

I really think this one is pretty good SOOC, but you know I had to play with it!


Here’s my work flow for this project:
  • Import into Light room 2.
  • Adjust exposure, black clipping and add a little vibrancy.
Export to Photo shop CS4 and ran the following Nichole V. actions:
    • Selective skin softening
    • Eye pop
    • Color pop

If you have never seen some of these actions, you should give them a try.  They are reasonably priced, and take a lot of the guesswork out of editing.  Like I mentioned last week, actions are just a stepping stone to jump start my creativity.

After I finished with the Nichole V. actions, I used the following actions from my web saint Rita over at the CoffeeShop:
    • Color Block It 
And there you go!  Jump on over to I Faces and check out the other entries in this weeks Fix It Friday!


Enjoy life, snap some shots, and have fun…

That’s what I’m gonna do!

3250121936_ba967ff09a_o


3 words of love !:

amymom24 said...

Thank you for the detailed instructions on your edit! Beautiful job!

Drew said...

Great edit! I love the pop of color and that you maintained the softness of the photo. I too think that Rita should be given sainthood. :) She's awesome!

Evette Mendisabal said...

Great edit. I really enjoy reading your blog, your style of writing is so honest and refreshing. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.