Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Sunday, August 8, 2010

And Today's Forecast, Sunny!

The other day I was working on Facebook.  OK, I was playing, do you feel better now?  Anyway, while I was playing, I noticed one of my friends was talking how she had committed to getting up early the following morn.  I immediately said it sounded as if she had a ”sunrise photo session” in the works.   Sure enough, she did!  Now, before we go any further, I suggest you head over to Megan's blog and read about last weekend’s excursion, and then you will understand a little more!  After a few post back and forth, she invited me to meet her and a few other local photographers to catch the sunrise.

After getting my directions and time to meet, I pulled up “The Photographer's Ephemeris (TPE)”.  Now if you’ve never used this little gem, I suggest you do.  Especially if you shoot sunrises, sunsets, or just need to know when and where the sun will rise and set!  The good thing, it’s a freebie, and I’m all about freebies.

TPE

So, I’m ready for my weekly excursion to catch the sunrise.  Every time I make that statement, my mind races back to “It’s A Wonderful Life” when Jimmy Stewart ask Donna Read the following question: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.  That’s what I feel like I’m doing, lassoing the sun and saving it for a rainy day.  Saving it for those moments when our mind races to those deep, dark places we all have.  I’ll just pop open a sunrise and life is good once again!  If it was only that simple!

Pooles Knob-10-Edit-EditPooles Knob-90-EditPooles Knob-95-Edit-Edit

  
I digress, or maybe I just have adult onset ADHD and I can’t focus.  Either way, this is me, and this is all you get!  Back to the sunrise.  Did you know that the sun comes up early?  Well it does.  I’m usually up for it anyway, so meeting at 5:00 a.m. is nothing for me, but for others…well I’ll just leave it at that!

Pooles Knob-11-Edit-Edit-2Pooles Knob-58-Edit-Edit
 
Basically, I had a blast.  You see, I’m shooting sunrises most every weekend.  My thought process is this.  My family is still asleep,so I can go out, take photos, and not take any precious time away from the.  You see, working 2 jobs has it’s disadvantages.  You miss a lot of family time.  This way, I can still pursue something that gives me what I call “me time”, and still be there when the family  needs me!  Geez, it’s like having your cake and eating it too!  Did somebody say cake?  Dang, there’s that ADHD thing again.  OK, enough rambling and on to some more pics!

Pooles Knob-96-Edit-EditPooles Knob-20-Edit-EditPooles Knob-76-Edit-Edit
  
An important note on how Meagan found this place, or at least I found it important, yet funny in a way.  You see, I would have never stumbled onto this area.  When asked how she found it, I was told her  husband Googled “East facing boat ramps on Percy Priest Lake”.  You mean it’s that simple? WOW!

  Thanks Meagan, Wendy and Mark for sharing a very special morning with me!  I can’t wait to do it again.
Pooles Knob-16-Edit-Edit

Well, that’s it for today.  I’m sure I’ll be chasing more sunrises next week.  But between now and then, I’ll be Googlin Eastern facing boat ramps!  If you’re intersted, check out a devotional I wrote for my Church called “Chasing The Son”.
sig line may