Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Monday, January 3, 2011

Just Another Late Christmas Dessert

Sweet Shot Day


Cake montage 

It seems like every year my father-in-law request that I make the dessert for Christmas dinner.    In the past I  have made Cranberry Orange Cheesecake , Marvelous Mocha Cheesecake, Died and gone to heaven Chocolate Cake, DAGTH Cup Cake, and other assorted sundries (all at my FIL’s request mind you).  This year, he left the decision up to me. 

 

Whenever I see a dessert, I try to make it a little more friendly as far as nutrition goes.  In other words, I take someone else’s recipe and try to make it work for me.  So here ya go, just another Christmas Dessert, with a little Christmas bokeh mixed in!



White Chocolate Raspberry Trifle Cake

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/white-chocolate-raspberry-trifle-cake-118964.aspx


INGREDIENTS:

1 bar Lindt Sugar Free White Chocolate candy bar

1 pkg.  (8 oz.) Fat Free PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 cup cold skim milk

1 pkg.  (3.4 oz.) sugar free JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding

2 cups thawed light COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided

1 sugar free Pound Cake (link and recipe below)

1/4 sugar free cup raspberry jam, warmed

1/2 cup  fresh raspberries


DIRECTIONS:


MELT chocolate I microwave very slowly.


BEAT chocolate and cream cheese with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat until well blended. Whisk in 1 cup COOL WHIP.


ARRANGE slice pound cake in half


COVER with half the pudding mixture. Repeat all layers. Top with remaining cake.


REFRIGERATE 3 hours.  Top with remaining COOL WHIP and berries.


 


Sugar Free Splenda Pound Cake

http://lifewithcake.com/2009/05/sugar-free-splenda-pound-cake/


INGREDIENTS:

3 cups sifted cake flour

1 1/2 cups Whey Low Granular sugar

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 stick butter, softened

6 egg whites

1 egg yolk

1 (8 ounce) fat free container sour cream

2 teaspoons vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS:


PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees F.


GREASE and flour 2-9 inch round cake pans; set aside.


COMBINE flour, Whey Low Sugar, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blender until crumbly. (This procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed. Cover mixing bowl with a clean tea towel to prevent spattering).


COMBINE eggs, sour cream, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/4 of the egg mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Repeat procedure 3 times.


DIVIDE batter into half, add small amount of red food coloring to one batch, green to other.


SPOON batter into prepared pans, 1 red, the other green.


BAKE for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.


SLICE cake into half, creating 2 layers from each cake.



If you get a chance, head on over to My Life with 3 Boybarians and show some love to the other entries in this weeks Sweet Shot Tuesday!

 

 

sig line dec