Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Monday, February 15, 2010

Chasing The Son!

Several weeks ago our Pastor asked the members of our church to write a small devotion. This devotion would be published as a devotional for the Easter season. Well, I was one of the ones asked to participate. I was given a couple of scriptures to choose from. Basically I just wanted to share it here with my friends. If you feel led to respond, please do. If not, that's OK as well!


Posted Image

Chasing the Son!
Romans 10:8-13


Several years back I took up the hobby of photography. I love taking photos of people, landscapes, just about anything that God has created. But the one thing I truly enjoy searching for is that beautiful sunrise. It's that magical time of the morning when the world is waking up and preparing for a new day!


A couple of months ago, I decided it was time to start looking for the sun. We had just had a few weeks of rain, and basically I needed the warmth and re-generation that only the sun could provide. So I packed my gear, made a pot of coffee, and took off. Now I didn't drive far at all. In fact, I was less than 2 miles from my warm bed, but I was out searching.


As I sat on that mountain top waiting, I got a little scared. My mind started racing, thinking about all the bad things that could happen. I mean, here I was in the middle of East Nashville, alone, with a huge amount of expensive camera paraphernalia! It was dark; the moon had not set, and there was all kind of bad things happening in the world. A sense of doom was clouding my thoughts. Almost if you will, a feeling of PANIC! I glanced at my watch knowing that in only a few moments, that illuminating orb in the sky would rise and chase all the demons that surrounded me away.


But guess what? It did not happen. The Eastern horizon was clouded and overcast. The orange glow that I desperately needed was nowhere to be found. As despair started racing through my brain I immediately felt something different. In that cloud filled, overcast, and gray morning I felt warm, comforted…safe!


Even though I did not see the sunrise, it happened. It was there all along, just hidden behind my thoughts and a few gray clouds. Kind of like God, just waiting for me call!


C.S. Lewis wrote: I believe in Christianity, just as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.


Romans 10:13 "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Jesus, Thank you for being the Risen Son! Amen.

0 words of love !: