Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fix-It-Friday form I Heart Faces

Fix-it_lg

Well it’s time for another Fix-It-Friday from I ♥ Faces.  After spending time with Angie and Amy last week, I figured I better get involved…again.  Especially after they wished me Happy Birthday at the  I ♥ Faces Photo Walk in Nashville!

Below is the original picture from Pics’ n Giggles.  What a cute photo!  Be sure to check out Jessica’s blog.2-13-10-2

I started the process by importing into Lightroom.  My workflow is essentially the same every time.

1) Import.

2) Adjust white balance if needed.

3) Add a little clarity and vibrancy.

4) Add a touch of vignetting.

Fix It Friday 2-12-2

With this photo, I did all of the above, then brought out the graduated filters in the develop module.  I decreased the exposure on the right, while using a 2nd graduated filter to increase the exposure on the left. 

Once I had the balance I was looking for, I concentrated on the eyes.  First step on the eyes was to increase the blue saturation, and then transfer over to Photoshop for some further editing.  Once in Photoshop, I used a tutorial on eye pop from Jessica SpragueFix It Friday 2-12

Once I had all of this completed, I added in a few textures.  One was the holiday bokeh from I ♥ Faces  and the other from CoffeeShop Freebies!  I really can’t remember the settings for the textures, just play around a while and have fun!  I did use a mask to erase some of the texture from the face as well.

OK, that’s about it!  I heard a quote from a big time photographer (Jay Maisel).  Photographs are meant for 1 of 2 things, either hiding away in an album, or for sharing.  Today, I’m sharing!

0 words of love !: