Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 10/30/10

A couple of weeks ago, I participated in the “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk in Nashville, TN.  All I can say is “WOW!!!  What a wonderful and fulfilling event. 



We walked in honor of one of my co-workers who was diagnosed with breast cancer last year.  Over the past year we have supported Gloria through her chemo treatments and surgery, and now as a survivor! I also walked in honor of my mom, Mama Jo and my neighbor Valerie, who are also breast cancer survivors.  But I walked for the memory of those who have succumbed to the deadly disease!pre walk



Like I said, what a wonderful event this was.  When I arrived, the fog starting drifting in and I was worried.  It was cold, damp, foggy and not turning into a fun day.  Guess what?  I was wrong.  By the time the walk started, the beauty of the day shined through.  The fog burned off, the dampness dried up, and the temperature moved into a comfortable temp that was just perfect for a 5 mile walk through the city!



city shots



I will say this, I cheated!  I did not walk the pre-destined route for the walk…I walked more!  As the walkers, all 18,000 of them, went one way, I tried to stay a little ahead of them.  If was so much fun to get to a corner and have people ask how I got there before them ?  I gave them answers like: “That was my twin back there”, or “It was the Starbucks I drank before the walk” or, “I’m just trying to find the nearest bathroom”.



People were screaming and yelling every time they saw the “pink bearded guy”.  I loved it, I had my own fan club.  I think I had my picture taken about 100 times!



pink people



One of the most fun things about the walk were the way people were dressed!  I think I saw more shades of pink that day than I have seen in my entire life.  And the names of the teams, funny!  Here were a few of my favorites:



BFF ~ Breast Friends Forever”  (This was the team I was on)

Team Mochas ~ A feel a day, keeps the ta-ta’s in play”

Boot Scootin’ Boobies”

These Boobs were made for walking”

I’m walking with “A’s”,”B’s” and “Double D’s”

Well, that’s about it for this post, until next time

sig line may