Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Blue Hour

A while back I won a contest over at Sweet Shot Tuesday.  My prize, a two week online course teaching the technical aspects of night time photography.  Now all of my regular readers know I ♥ a good sunrise.  I mean, come on, there is nothing like the warmth of the sun and the beginning of a new day to refresh your spirits.  OK, a good cup of coffee usually does the same thing.  So, when I’m shooting a sunrise, I have my coffee too.  It’s the best of both worlds!


My instructor for this class is Kent Weakley, and you could not ask for a better teacher.  He not only explains things in technical terms, but he has a way that has even helped me understand them.  Shoot guys, the Dummies book series was written with me in mind!  I would highly recommend that you look this guy up. Especially if you want to learn something!  You can follow him at the following links:


Facebook ~ Photography by Kent Weakley

Twitter ~ KW_Daddio

Blog ~ Photography by Kent Weakley Learning Understanding Sharing

Website ~ Photography by Kent Weakley


5 am515 am535 am615 amtre

There’s definitely some things I would do different next time.  For example, once I find the settings that work, sticking with them.  Also, make sure it is legal for me to be on the bridge!  It seems they were re-sealing the walking part of the bridge, and I was trespassing.  Once the police showed up, they asked me if I knew what the orange barrels, yellow caution tape, and the chain link fence meant? 


They were very cool with it, and even commented that it was an awesome spot to take photos! 

Live and learn, that’s what I say!


Until next time :~)


sig line may