Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Moment I Will Not Forget

I don’t know about you, but this past Saturday morn was really special for me!
Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11a
You see, every time I mention photography, or the thought of going out to shoot something, my house fills with eye rolls.  You know what I’m talking about.  It’s that movement of the eye that almost causes the whole head to rotate on it’s axis.  I can almost hear my wife and son saying , “Oh no, not again!”
Well Saturday morn was really different.  My wife is house sitting at her Mom and Dad’s place, a mere 5 minutes away!  I had just logged on to my early morning Facebook and Blog reading when I got a private message from my wife.  First of all I wondered what she was doing up and that Gawd awful hour of 2 a.m?  Then my mind shifted focus and  wondered if every thing was all right?  Everything was fine, she just wanted to know if she could tag along for my early morning ritual of chasing the sun.  WOW, I could not believe what I was hearing, but jumped at the opportunity to say YES!!!
Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11-2Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11-4
So off we went, in search of that shining orb in the sky!  Our first stop was Love Circle, a small hilltop right on the outskirts of Nashville.  Love Circle is not only a great place to watch the sun rising over Nash-Vegas, but also the location of Celebrity Apprentice winner, Jon Rich!  I been there on numerous occasions, but have never seen the owner of Mt. Richmore :~)
Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11-3
After an hour or so of watching Blue Hour progress, the sun decided to make an appearance.  My wife was amazed!!!  She said she actually could understand the peacefulness and solitude that this practice of capturing the moment brings me.  When we had finished this portion of my routine, we headed to Starbucks for the obligatory cup of java.  The problem with getting up so early is you need that caffeine laden fluids coursing through your system…or at least I do!
Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11-5Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11-8
At this point, we headed over to where my wife works to capture a few shots of Scarritt Bennett Campus. SBC is such a sweet spot in the heart of Nashville.  The campus is laid out with peace and tranquility in mind.  Beautiful landscaping and ornamental building make it such a great place to shoot!
Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11-11Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11-12
Will my wife ever go with me again?  Will my son ever stop rolling his eyes when I mention a photo shoot?  Who knows, but I do know this, last Saturday morn happened and now it is engrained into my brain and heart as a special day I will not forget anytime soon!

Sweet Shot Day
Sweet Shot Tuesday is here once again and I really look forward to that day!  Not only do I get to share some of my favorite shots, but I get to visit with photo-tog friends and live a little of their life through their captures.  Take a moment and jump over to Life with 3 Boybarians and peruse the life of my friends through their photos!
Until next time…
sig line dec

0 words of love !: