Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fix It Friday - Parker

Fix-it_lg
Ok folks, it’s been a while since I have participated, mainly because of all the flooding we had in Nashville.  But today I am dry, fully caffeinated on coffee and ready to play!  Meet Parker, the son of Christina over at 3 Sweet P’s.  Here are the concerns Mom had with this picture:

"This is a photo of my 2 year-old Parker. I am bothered by the harsh shadow on his face and the washed out colors of the photo. His eyes are a beautiful blue and you just can't see that. I would love to see what you guys can come up with!"

Parker-2

OK, here is the photo SOOC (straight out of camera).

Parker-1
I imported the photo into Lightroom and did the following:
*Adjusted white balance.
* Adjusted exposure.
*Pumped up the following sliders: blacks, clarity, and vibrancy.
* Used the adjustment brush to bring out the blues in his eyes.
Then I sent the photo to Photoshop CS5 for some further editing.

Parker-5
In photoshop I used the healing tool to take care of Parker’s blemishes and the dark areas under his eyes.  I then ran the following:
* Jessica Sprague tutorial on eye pop.
* Nichole V Skin Smooth
* Nichole V Essential Color Pop Outdoors

Parker-4 
I then proceeded to use an overlay from Patti Brown’s Overlays called “A Touch Of Sunlight”.
 Parker-1-3

Then it was just time to play with some scrapbooking letters!
All in all, I enjoyed this activity a lot more than pumping muddy water from my basement!  Once again, Thank You to all the I ♥ Faces contributors who sent thoughts, prayers and well wishes during our flooding woes here in Nashville! 
♥ you guys!!!!!

Make sure you head over to I ♥ Faces and check out the other edits in this weeks Fix It Friday!

Parker-1-2
And I almost forgot this one!  A friend of mine in Nashville got creative this last week and created a couple of Lightroom Presets.  The on I’ve used above is called “photo umph”.  I applied the preset after I had done my photoshop editing.  My thoughts on presets and actions is this, “It’s a jumping off point for me to start from”.  So after I applied the preset, I decreased the saturation and exposure just a little.  Honestly, I ♥ it!  If you get a chance, head over to Wendy C Photography and check out some of her work.  She’s a really a great friend and a phenomenal wedding photographer!

Enjoy life, snap some shots, and have fun…
That’s what I’m gonna do!
3250121936_ba967ff09a_o

1 words of love !:

Christina said...

I'm so glad I found your site! Or that you participated this week:) Your photos are amazing!!And all the edits look great! I Love the one with scrapbook letters!! Thanks for working on my photo this week!