Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fisk Memorial Chapel

Just another shot from my afternoon at Fisk University.  While walking around campus, I spotted this old building and was immediately drawn towards it.  I think I’m definitely going back for some more shots this weekend!

Jewelry Party Sunset

 

 

The Fisk Memorial Chapel, with a seating capacity of approximately eight hundred, was designed by William B. Bigelow of New York City and completed in 1892. General Clinton B. Fisk, a founder of the University, left funds for construction to the University in the form of railroad stock. The interior has a high domed ceiling exposing the appealing support structures. A balcony extends on three sides. The Chapel houses an extraordinary 40 rank Holtkamp pipe organ, which is one of the finest examples in the United States of the work of organ-builder, Walter Holtkamp Sr. The organ has an estimated value of over $2.5 million. It was built especially for the University to be housed in the Chapel. Over the entrance doors is the stirring legend: “Arise shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.”

The Chapel is the primary assembly area on campus and is rich in intellectual and cultural traditions. Outstanding international concert artists, musical organizations, drama and dance performances, lecturers, ministers and political figures have also appeared in the Chapel. Included among those who have visited the Chapel, given addresses, performed for students and community members are The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Duke Ellington, Thurgood Marshall, Booker T. Washington, Louis Armstrong, W. C. Handy, Jesse Jackson, Nat King Cole, Eubie Black, Merle Haggard, Robert Altman, John Hope Franklin and Bell Hooks. The Chapel is the home performance site for the famous Fisk Jubilee Singers.

Information obtained from the following web site;

The Fisk Memorial Chapel

         

Until next time…

sig line dec

0 words of love !: