Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Monday, June 6, 2011

I Heart Faces Photo Challenge From A Distance

Been  a while since I’ve participated in one of the challenges over here at I ♥ Faces, but the theme this week really hit home. 


A couple of weeks ago, my wife decided to follow along on one of my weekly trips to catch a sunrise.  While I was traipsing around looking for that certain vantage point, I noticed she had disappeared.  When I found her, she was relishing in the warmth that only the sun can give.  I wondered what she was thinking, or if she was thinking at all.  I wondered if she was enjoying herself, or if she thought I was abandoning her for my hobby.  I wondered if she was having fun or was just plain bored.  From a distance I wondered …


After I finished the sunrise shoot, we stopped for a cup of coffee and my wife hugged me.  She looked deep in my eyes and told me that this was one of the most relaxing mornings she has had in quite a while. Then she did something unexpected…she kissed me right there in Starbux, told me she loved me and that she understood the passion I had for photography.  She said she understood a little more the process I go through and why I come home from those early morning shoots more relaxed.


I believe Bette Midler says it best…

 

Nashville Sunrise 5-28-11-11

From a distance the world looks blue and green,
and the snow-capped mountains white.
From a distance the ocean meets the stream,
and the eagle takes to flight.


From a distance, there is harmony,
and it echoes through the land.
It's the voice of hope, it's the voice of peace,
it's the voice of every man.


From a distance we all have enough,
and no one is in need.
And there are no guns, no bombs, and no disease,
no hungry mouths to feed.


From a distance we are instruments
marching in a common band.
Playing songs of hope, playing songs of peace.
They're the songs of every man.
God is watching us. God is watching us.
God is watching us from a distance.


From a distance you look like my friend,
even though we are at war.
From a distance I just cannot comprehend
what all this fighting is for.


From a distance there is harmony,
and it echoes through the land.
And it's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves,
it's the heart of every man.


It's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves.
This is the song of every man.
And God is watching us, God is watching us,
God is watching us from a distance.
Oh, God is watching us, God is watching.
God is watching us from a distance

 


I-Heart-Faces-button

sig line dec

1 words of love !:

{Shannon} said...

This is phenomenal! I'm a new follower of your blog... LOVE your work. LOVE. What do you use to process? The colors are just so rich....