Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Saturday, March 6, 2010

FIX IT FRIDAY – LOVING MY LIFE

Fix-it_lg

It’s time for another Fix It Friday from I ♥ Faces, the site I ♥ to surf.  Basically it’s pretty cool to hang out with a bunch of talented women and a few guys.  At least I’m safe and sound at home, and of course my wife knows where to find me!  :}

3-5-10

Here is the original photo from Sarah Halstead over at Loving My Life.  Her little guy Dustyn is definitely a keeper!  Click on over and check out her blog, as well as enter her giveaway for a really cool camera strap!

  Fix It Friday 3-5-2

I think I’ve figured out a workflow that I feel pretty comfortable with.  I start out by importing into Lightroom 2 and make some minor adjustments such as exposure, clarity, and vibrancy.  On this photo I tried to use the graduated filter to take care of the underexposed area.  That did not work.  From there I tried to correct the same are with the adjustment brush, once again, no go!  Finally I added a little fill light, and walla, just what I was going for!

I then shipped the photo over to Photoshop and used the patch tool and spot healing brush to take care of a few blemishes.  I’m a big fan of Jessica Sprague, so I used some of her techniques to make the eyes pop.  On the photo above, I ran a Coffeeshop Action called Sun Kissed.  Click over to Rita’s site for some unbelievable freebies and tutorials.  She rocks and always has a pot of coffee brewing when I’m there!  OK, I have to supply my own coffee, but I still like to hang and visit at the  Coffee Shop!

 Fix It Friday 3-5 

On the photo above I applied a a couple of hue saturation layers to create a sepis toned photo.  Once again, Jessica Sprague to the rescue!

 Fix It Friday 3-5-3

This last one I sent back to Lightroom and used a Sarah Jane preset called Tropical Sea!

Fix It Friday 3-5-10 BIB

And finally, I just loved using some textures and photo frames from Shadow House Creations!  Another really cool site for freebies and techniques!

Well, that’s it for this week.  I’m off to the lake to try to get some snaps of sunrise!  Finally a week without snow!

3250121936_ba967ff09a_o

0 words of love !: