Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I think I’m putting Rita up for Sainthood!

OK, here goes.  I know I’m in with my wife, but I think I’m in with Rita from Coffeeshop Freebies also. 

This girl rocks my photographic world.  And before you ask, my wife knows all about it!

A couple of weeks ago my son asked if I could help him with the graphics for his science fair project.  He had the idea to use a flame background for the words on the board.  Now I had a pretty good idea how to accomplish this in Photoshop.  After many attempts at trial and error, along with countless trips to see Dr Google, I had failed miserably.  I had just about given up when I noticed that Rita at Coffeeshop Freebies had a new post.  Lo and behold, it was talking about creating a storyboard with text cut outs.  I could not believe my eyes, here was the answer to my problems.  Thank you Rita!

This last weekend the weather was not cooperating with picture takin’, so I thought I would redesign my photo blog.  One of the main things I wanted was a slideshow header.  You know, the ones where the photos kind of flip back and forth.   I searched once again through the annals of Googleland and found several ways to accomplish this, but they were really intricate and involved, just like my stinking taxes!  So I decided to forgo the photo changin’ header and opted for a single image.

Guess what Rita did today?  That’s right, it’s almost like this female is reading my mind.  So, the header above is a direct result of a blog post from Coffeeshop Freebies! Here’s the link to that post if you are interested ~ click here!

Once again Rita, I think you’re a Saint in the makin’!!!


3 words of love !:

BeckeyZ said...

SWEEEET! Good things to know, and when my brain is functioning properly after a decent sleep...I'll start changing up my header.

Drew said...

Darn that woman...putting me out of a flash header business before I even get started. :) That is pretty darn cool!

Rita said...

AHHHHHH, you are so incredibly sweet!!! I am in no way a saint, but just a photography nerd. ;-)

I am so happy you were able to use the text storyboard and slideshow header tutorials. Hopefully my lucky trend will continue and I will be able to post more tutorials you can use!!!

Thanks, Rita