Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hallelujah, toss me some shrimp!

This past week, my wife and I had a wonderful opportunity to go our for dinner with some very close friends.  RJ spent the night over at Grandma’s and Grandpa’s, so it was a nice evening out.  I really don’t think we would have had to worry about RJ anyway.  He would rather stay at home and talk to his girlfriend than spend time with the old man and old lady!  In his words, “We are ancient!”



Kubotos 5  Square



We had a wonderful time at Kabuto’s in Nashville.  This was our first experience at a hibachi style restaurant.  WOW, is about all I can say.



Kubutos-14-Edit



The food was fantastic, the companionship of friends was over the top, and the atmosphere was through the roof.  But the thing that made this place stand out…our cook, Kenny!



Kubutos-11-Edit 



What a showman!  At one point though, I did fear for his life a little.  He pretended to trip and sent fake soy sauce flying across the table toward my wife.  In her most lady like voice, all I heard was, “Back of boy, this is a new top!”



Kubutos-17-Edit



Kenny never missed a beat, and in my mind, I just knew he had someone to pick on for the whole meal.



Kubutos-55-Edit



I think one of the things that impressed me most, was the skill this guy had.  Not only did he put on a great show, he made it seem easy.  I actually had trouble eating because I was taking too many pictures!



Kubutos-24-Edit 



If you ever make it to Kabuto’s, make sure you look Kenny up.  He makes the price worthwhile.  Oh yeah, if it’s your birthday, please tell them.  It was pretty cool watching the crew sing Happy Birthday in Japanese and banging the drum and gong!



Now, the highlight of the evening was when the ladies praised God for the shrimp!  OK,at least that’s what it looked like anyway.  Kenny took several pieces of shrimp, cut it, patted it threw it in the air, caught it, and then told the ladies to open their mouth!  Melinda was actually the only one to catch it in her mouth.  To prove it, look closely at the pic in the middle!  My wife refused to do it, so Kenny reached across the table and took her plate!  Beth eventually said she would participate, but she cheated.  She used her hands!  LOL!



Shrimp Rectangles



All in all, it was the perfect end to a busy day.  One of the couple we went with, were my first paying clients for Bald Is Beautiful Photography!  After all was said and done, we went to Starbucks, had some coffee and planned on our next get together. 

  • Coffee at Starbucks ~ $9.00
  • Dinner at Kabuto’s ~ $85.00
  • Spending time with friends ~

 


PRICELESS!!!!!




And there you go. 



Enjoy life, snap some shots, and have fun. 


That’s what I’m gonna do!


3250121936_ba967ff09a_o

3 words of love !:

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Scott and great commentary! Glad you all had such a good time!

Jenn said...

We had a great time too Scott! Great pictures!

T2Nashville said...

These pics are great! I love that we have that fun night documented for all time. It was wonderful! Can't wait for the next one.