Thanks for taking a picture of me Jana! You are amazing!

Followers

WHO IS BALD IS BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY?

Well, it's me of course! Hi, I'm Scott, just an ordinary guy who loves life and all the little nuances that it brings! Simply put, I'm a father to a wonderful son, a husband to a beautiful wife, and an amateur photographer who enjoys looking at the world through a piece of glass! I took up photography a couple of years ago, after having gastric bypass surgery. Since 12/07, I have lost 180 pounds, but found a real passion for documenting life with my camera. I could say that the big names out there have inspired me, and they have, But my true inspiration comes from the people I meet everyday who share the same thoughts and zeal I have for photography. We are truly blessed with some really great photographers around Nashville. So, what are you waiting for.... ...grab a camera, snap some pics, and enjoy life to the fullest!
*

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sweet Shot Tuesday – Shooting with friends!

sweetshotbutton


There is nothing like Sweet Shot Tuesday, in my humble opinion that is!  Good friends, great photos, outstanding food, ok wait a minute, there is no food.  Or at least I haven’t found the picnic basket yet.  But Sweet Shot Tuesday is a fun and uplifting place to be.


I’ve met a few of the people on here in person. Darcy, Ruthanne, BoyBarian Dad, and I’m sure a few more that I would know if I saw them.  But I had the privilege of shooting with these fine people back in February at the I ♥ Faces Photo Walk in Nashville, and it was fun!  Fun to be with people who have like interests and are full of information to share.


Nightime Nashville-10


This past weekend, I got to have that same opportunity to shoot with friends in Nashville.  I belong to a great group of photographers who share the same thing that I mentioned earlier…good friends, great photos, outstanding food.  OK, I still haven’t found the food yet, but you get the idea.  The group is the Nashville Meet-up Photography Group.  A great group of friends who come together at least once a month for a photo outing.  It might be a hike, it might be a trip to the local botanical gardens, heck it might just be a cookout at someone’s house…there’s the food, I knew it was there somewhere!   Check out Meet-up.com, there just might be a photography group in your area.


Nightime Nashville-11

Well this past Friday,several of us met on the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge overlooking downtown Nashville.  I’ve wanted to shoot sunsets and night shots from there before, but just wouldn’t do it on my own.  You know, safety in numbers and all that jazz.  We started off the evening with about 5 of us, but before it was over, there were 12 of us with cameras, tripods and a great view of downtown Nashville at night.

  Nightime Nashville


Needless to say, I had fun, and will do it again when I get a chance.


Nightime Nashville-6 

Well that’s it for Sweet Shot Tuesday this week.  See ya again next week.  Same time, same  channel! Hey, make sure you head over to Sweet Shot Tuesday and check out the other entries.  Who knows, maybe next week you’ll enter a Sweet Shot also!


sig line may

1 words of love !:

Ruthanne said...

Wow. Those are amazing pictures!

Those make me want a wide angle lens that much more.